Technical Advisor Dairy
De Heus South Africa prides itself on being an independent, non integrated, animal feed miller and is focused on maintaining this position. With our slogan “Power Progress” we work very closely with our customers and suppliers to continuously improve value for all stakeholders. De Heus South Africa has multiple feed manufacturing facilities and we are looking to employ positive, energetic and customer service-driven individuals to join this exciting fast growing concern.
What will your responsibilities be?
As a nutritionist, you will be part of our Global Formulations department. You manage recipes for several factories, based on the nutritional and physical quality needs of the customer. An optimal mix of recipes is made based on various inputs, such as ingredient prices and availability, production limitations, physical quality demands, raw material evaluation, nutritional requirements and legal limits. As a nutritionist, it is your responsibility to make an optimal package of recipes considering all these variables, focusing on product quality and optimizing costs.
To obtain all information in a constructive way, you will communicate with many people within the organization. From production to sales and from quality to purchase. Besides this, you will visit the production locations in your portfolio regularly to maintain close contact regarding operational and quality related issues.
Within Royal De Heus our local product managers are responsible for the feed assortment in their markets. As a nutritionist, you are an important sparring partner for them to create the right quality, feed norms and product development.
Finally, it is your responsibility that all information is translated into recipes in a structured and accurate way, so the right quality product can be produced for the optimal cost.
What do we expect from you?
Purpose of the Job:
- The Technical Advisor will promote the sale of our range of related De Heus products and provide technical and product support as required by De Heus customers.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Technical: understand the principles of animal nutrition
- Administration and liaison with relevant customers/potential customers and in-house personnel.
- Budget management
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- B Agric / B.Sc. Agric
- 3 yr. Agricultural diploma
- Possession of a valid code 08/EB driver’s license
- Able to register as Professional Nutritionist
- Able to communicate (written & spoken) fluently in English & Afrikaans
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Pasture Management is essential to the position.
- 3 Years’ experience in similar
- Preferably have feed milling background experience
- Experience in selling and marketing
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Working knowledge with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Problem-solving skills
- Conflict handling skills
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Relationship building skills
- Quality Awareness
- Written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Energy, drive, courage and tenacity
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Extensive travel for time to time
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to email@example.com