PURPOSE OF JOB
The main purpose of the job is to inspect, repair and service heavy duty diesel engines. The Diesel Mechanic will work with a wide range of heavy duty vehicles and machinery and perform a wide range of tasks, from routine maintenance to full engine overhauls or rebuilds.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Repair / replace engines and transmissions
- Repair / replace steering and braking systems
- Testing vehicles to determine vehicle condition
- Running diagnostic tests
- Analysing test results
- Maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles
- Maintain records of Parts Inventory
- Customer consultation
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Continually striving to improve through teamwork with other employees all related aspects of De Heus (Pty) Ltd business.
- Using objective measurement, identifying problems within the company and subsequently identifying the “root cause” of problems.
- Ensuring at all times that corrective actions taken to resolve problems are, ultimately, permanent and preventative.
- Assisting, wherever possible, to ensure that all actions, functions and processes in De Heus’s business are conducted in a value added manner.
- Complying, in line with the Policy Document, departmental procedures and practices.
- Ensuring that any subordinates reporting to you are effectively communicated to with regards to their responsibilities and authorities.
- Control of any company expenditure, which may be entrusted to you, in line with the overall company budget.
- To comply with any other work related instruction which is relayed via a superior and which is deemed to be necessary and reasonable.
- The duties and responsibilities in this letter of appointment may be revised, by mutual agreement, in line with the company’s overall Policy Document and the responsibilities matrix therein.
- The company expects the employee to carry out his/her duties and responsibilities to the best of their ability and commits itself to empower the employee with the authority to meet these requirements.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Red Seal / Trade Certificate
- Possession of a valid drivers license (Preferably Code 10 or 14)
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Working knowledge of computer systems and electronics
- Advanced knowledge of Diesel Engines
- Proficiency with maintenance tools and repair equipment
- Strong Diagnostic skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Conflict handling skills
- Communication and influencing skills
- Relationship building and team leadership skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written and Verbal communication skills
- Negotiation and Selling skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive, pro-active, results-driven attitude
- Highly ethical and principle-driven
- Committed, dedicated, motivated
- Self-starter and follow-though
- Energy, drive, courage and tenacity
- Required to work with minimum supervision
Adverse Working Conditions
- On call regularly
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to email@example.com
Closing date: 15 December 2023
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. De Heus reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised.