PURPOSE OF JOB
To perform mechanical maintenance for the Branch. To install, service and repair engineering machinery and equipment. You could work on mechanical or electronical systems. Act as a supportive function to the Boiler Maker/ Welder and the Plant Manager in the execution of their duties.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Coordinate staff work load
- Guides, trains and coordinates the functions of the General Worker Maintenance on a daily basis in line with the Work instructions.
Operate, implement and maintain mechanical equipment
- Ensure you comply and are aware of the maintenance work instructions as documented on the S Drive.
- Lubrication and maintenance of the entire plant.
- Implements Mechanical Asset care plans, (Planned Maintenance) in order to continually improve the plant, grounds and building conditions and ensure plant availability to production on a daily basis.
- Ensure that you support the planned maintenance strategy by conducting mechanical maintenance and breakdowns as per the expected time and job card scheduled.
- Ensure that you are aware and pay attention to urgent breakdowns or items affecting plant efficiencies and quality on a daily basis.
- Ensure that you are aware of any maintenance or potential maintenance issues. As soon as you are aware of the above, inform the Maintenance Foreman and start working on the action plan.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment is kept in a good working state.
Maintaining and implementing of quality & Safety standards
- Ensure the quality of workmanship is up to De Heus Maintenance standards and meets legal requirements.
- Ensure at all times that the plant is running productively as far as maintenance are concerned.
- Ensure that you take the necessary actions to prevent and eliminate all potential areas of feed contamination and feed deterioration as well as machinery deterioration as a result of engineering performed.
- Ensure that when working on machinery, all work is performed under lock-out conditions.
Adhere to the following Safety systems:
1. Lockout & Tag Out
2. Hot Work Permit
3. Confined space entry
4. Elevated work permits
General Maintenance administration
- Ensure that you do accurate daily capturing of relevant maintenance data
- Continually striving to improve through teamwork with other employees all related aspects of De Heus (Pty) Ltd business.
- Using objective measurement, identifying problems within the company and subsequently identifying the “root cause” of problems.
- Ensuring at all times that corrective actions taken to resolve problems are, ultimately, permanent and preventative.
- Assisting, wherever possible, to ensure that all actions, functions and processes in De Heus’s business are conducted in a value added manner.
- Complying, in line with the Policy Document, departmental procedures and practices.
- Ensuring that any subordinates reporting to you are effectively communicated to with regards to their responsibilities and authorities.
- Control of any company expenditure, which may be entrusted to you, in line with the overall company budget.
- To comply with any other work related instruction which is relayed via a superior and which is deemed to be necessary and reasonable.
- The duties and responsibilities in this letter of appointment may be revised, by mutual agreement, in line with the company’s overall Policy Document and the responsibilities matrix therein.
- The company expects the employee to carry out his/her duties and responsibilities to the best of their ability and commits itself to empower the employee with the authority to meet these requirements.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Trade test
- Possession of a valid Code 08/EB drivers license
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent understanding of Safety rules in the manufacturing environment
- Welding experience
- Experience on motors and gearboxes
- Experience with conveyor maintenance
- Experience with elevators
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Conflict handling skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building and team leadership skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written communication skills
- Negotiation and Selling skills
- Critical thinking
- Schedule and balance priorities
- Positive, pro-active, results-driven attitude
- Highly ethical and principle-driven
- Committed, dedicated, motivated
- Self-starter and follow-though
- Energy, drive, courage and tenacity
- Required to work with minimum supervision
Adverse Working Conditions
Long hours, overtime, dust and stress
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19 January 2024
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. De Heus reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised.