PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for the Nutritionist for the operations of the laboratory on a daily basis and make limited decisions to ensure the continuity of productions. Prepares test samples of materials in production and conducts prescribed physical and chemical tests on samples.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Testing and administering of raw material and finished product samples
- Preparation of test samples of raw materials and finished products daily.
- Performs prescribed physical and chemical tests on samples to ensure that they are in limits of specification daily.
- Ensure that you work on the laboratory management information system as per the work instructions.
- Ensure that you prepare and analyse all chemicals.
- Working, maintaining and generating reports from the NIR machine.
- Maintaining the GMP and HACCP quality systems with regards to lab procedures
Recording and administering of results
- Ensure to analyse results of tests by recording and computing relevant data daily
- Ensure that you work on the NIR machine as per the work instructions.
- Ensure that you keep the laboratory in a well organised working environment.
- Ensure that all laboratory equipment is in a good acceptable working condition at all times
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Chemical Technician’s Diploma
- Possession of a valid Code 08/EB drivers license
- Not less than 5 Years’ experience in a similar position in a Feed milling environment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word & Outlook
- Working of GMP and HACCP Quality systems would be an advantage
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Communication and influencing skills
- Relationship building and team leadership skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written communication skills
- Negotiation and Selling skills
- Quality minded
- Positive, pro-active, results-driven attitude
- Highly ethical and principle-driven
- Committed, dedicated, motivated
- Self-starter and follow-though
- Energy, drive, courage and tenacity
- Required to work with minimum supervision
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 November 2023
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. De Heus reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised.