De Heus prides itself on being an independent, non integrated, animal feed miller and is focused on maintaining this position. With our slogan “Power Progress” we work very closely with our customers and suppliers to continuously improve value for all stakeholders. De Heus SA has multiple feed manufacturing facilities and we are looking to employ positive, energetic and customer service-driven individuals to join this exciting fast growing concern.
What will your responsibilities be?
Coordinate the activities in the finished product warehouse. This is managing the stock levels of the finished product, empty bag stock, bagging materials and pallets.
This position ensures stock availability to enable on-time delivery of the bagged finished product
What do we expect from you?
Key Job Functions:
- Utilising available tools to forecast usage to enable the timeous ordering of finished product.
- Liaising closely with orders to ensure all orders are filled and delivered at the correct time
- Coordinating with production the manufacturing of required stock
- Assist with identifying continuous improvement actions to improve the productivity of the Bagging and Warehouse operations.
- Enable the Warehouse and Bagging team towards meeting objectives and targets through providing daily schedules.
- Print Finished Goods bag labels according to the production schedule. Ensuring the correct label is used on the correct Finished Goods bag.
- Maintain a daily performance tracker, monitoring the packing log
- Finished bagged rows and stacks must be managed daily. A stack should only contain one product; whether it is 3 pallets high, 2 pallets or one. This must be managed throughout the day.
- Ensuring optimum use of space considering legal stacking requirements
- Ensuring FIFO principle is applied
- Managing stock expiry dates according to De Heus policy
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- Matric (GR12 Certificate)
- Degree or Diploma in Production Management or Operation Management will be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 1 Year experience in a coordinating/supervising position
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word (Advance Level)
- Knowledge of feed milling
- Knowledge of Safety and Risk Management
- Good organizational skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Conflict handling skills
- Communication and influencing skills
- Relationship building skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written communication skills
- Negotiation and Selling skills
- Excellent planning ability
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to email@example.com