General Admin Clerk Purchasing
Purpose of job
Responsible for the administration of purchasing and logistics of all micro and macro materials for De Heus branches and all new ventures. Capturing of data on CDNxl and MS Office, placing orders under supervision of micro and macro materials, liaise with suppliers and transporters, filing and reconciling.
Key performance areas
Administration of Purchasing Orders
- Place micro orders and premixes directly to supplier as requested by the Procurement Manager and provide feedback once done and if there is any queries.
- Verify prices and tonnage of each delivery on CDNxl on a daily basis.
- Matching invoicing on CDNxl on a daily basis.
- Entering off all purchase orders on a daily basis onto (?)
- Responsible for getting not less than 3 pricing quotes on all additives and medications before placing orders. Ensure that there is a confirmation email from the branches confirming order volume.
- Ensure that you request a COA, MSDS, specification sheet and V- Number certificate for everything ordered
- Ensure that the supplier list is updated at all times with the correct contact details and information as required.
- Ensure that the filling of all suppliers, contracts and supporting documents are up to date at all times.
- Ensure that you liaise with suppliers in getting all outstanding documentation and verifying prices with the suppliers daily
- Liaise with De Heus branches to request outstanding documentation, weighbridge tickets or verifying prices on a daily basis.
- Ensure that you liaise with suppliers regarding stock levels and deliveries regularly daily
- Ensure to process all non-stock invoices and allocating to the correct cost centres on a daily basis.
Administration of Logistics
- Ensure that the invoices of all orders are attached to the deliver note in CDNxl.
- Ensure to process and upload transport invoices onto Spidik on a daily basis.
Running of Reports
- Ensure that you run weekly reports on the following:
- POR vs PI (Price difference)
- POR vs PI (Not clipped)
- Outstanding POR’s
- Ensure that housekeeping is of an acceptable standard at all times
- Ensure to report any queries or concerns pertaining to purchasing as and when they arise.
- When absent, communicate telephonically with either Martin or Ritesh as per Letter of appointment.
- Ensure to update and maintain the following documents sheets on a daily basis:
- Spillages and spoils
- Prepared to stand in for colleagues in the purchasing department should they be on leave.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Possession of a valid Code 08/EB drivers license
- 3 Years’ experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word
- Preferably have experience in accounting
- Conflict handling skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building and team player skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written communication skills
- Positive, pro-active, results-driven attitude
- Highly ethical and principle-driven
- Committed, dedicated, motivated
- Self-starter and follow-though
- Energy, drive,
- Ability to remain calm under presure
- Required to work with minimum supervision
Adverse Working Conditions
- Fairly pressurized due to system requirement and demands.
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to email@example.com
Closing date: 14 August 2023
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. De Heus reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised.