Purpose of the Job:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for, amongst others:
- performing mechanical maintenance for the branch
- to install, service and repair engineering machinery and equipment
- work on mechanical and/or electronical systems
- act as a supportive function to the Boiler Maker/ Welder and the Plant Manager
- implements mechanical asset care plans
- conduct and attend to mechanical maintenance and breakdowns
- take the necessary actions to prevent and eliminate all potential areas of feed contamination and feed deterioration as well as machinery deterioration as a result of engineering performed
- Conducting root cause analysis for problems.
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Completed Trade Test
- Possession of a valid Code 08/EB drivers license
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in a similar position
- Welding experience
- Experience on motors and gearboxes
- Experience with conveyor maintenance
- Experience with elevators
- Excellent understanding of Safety rules in the manufacturing environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, communication and conflict handling skills
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references, and copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 22/01/2021. The Company reserves the right not to make any appointment if, in the Company’s view, no suitable candidate could be found.
Should you not receive a reply within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.