SQL System Developer
If you have an enquiring mind, enjoy problem solving, development of services, reports and applications to meet business requirements, then this position is tailor made for you.
Purpose of the Job:
The successful incumbent would need to use their experience with data architecture and management to develop and scale SQL databases based on the business needs as well as being responsible for assisting the IT and IS support personnel in solving technical problems as and when they are escalated. These problems need to be resolved by confirming their validity and seeking for solutions to more complex issues.
The successful incumbent will also be required to develop, test, improve and maintain new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively, gather requirements and specifications from end-users, conduct server maintenance and troubleshooting on databases and applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a report write and/or database developer
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL, SSRS, and SSIS
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Familiarity working with MS SQL Server and MS SQL Server Management studio (SSMS)
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- Tertiary certificate and/or diploma in SQL related field
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field will be highly advantageous
- Experience in VBA (Excel), and Crystal Reports.
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references, and copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 22/01/2021. The Company reserves the right not to make any appointment if, in the Company’s view, no suitable candidate could be found.
Should you not receive a reply within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.