What will your responsibilities be?
As a Bulk Tanker Driver, you will render a delivery service to the company’s customers, and perform services related thereto.
What do we expect from you?
Main tasks of Job:
- Operate the motor vehicle in a responsible and proper manner and obey all traffic laws and all driver requirements under the Road Traffic Quality System.
- Keep the motor vehicle in a state of good repair.
- Immediately report defects in the motor vehicle on becoming aware of such defect, to management.
- Immediately report any problems experienced in providing the services to management.
- Comply with all rules and procedures set by the Company relating to the driving of the motor vehicle, the delivery service and vehicle and tanker maintenance and cleanliness.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that no damage is caused either to the motor vehicle or to the contents of any load conveyed.
- Safety clothing (protective boots and overalls) to be worn at all times.
- Check roadworthiness of truck and tanker before commencing duties.
- Check pre start inspection list on daily log sheet and sign off accordingly.
- Check tanker for water leaks weekly and sign off on daily log sheet.
- Report all problems on daily log sheet.
- Check fuel and oil levels. Follow fill up procedure if required.
- Check that wheels are tight and inflated.
- Record mileage at start of each trip i.e. at mill and at end of each trip, i.e. back at the mill, on the daily log sheet.
- Ensure that your cell phone is on and that you can also be contacted after hours.
- Familiarise yourself with the Standard work Procedures (On site) for Bulk Tanker Drivers.
- Always treat customers with respect.
- Be friendly and courteous to everyone that you come in contact with during your daily work.
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- Preferably Matric (Grade 12)
Valid Public Drivers Permit
Valid Code EC drivers license (no endorsements)
No criminal record
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous proven experience in bulk tanker deliveries is essential.
- Customer liaison experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent extra heavy vehicle driving experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Confident, assertive self-starter.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Patient, methodical and trustworthy.
- Presentable and articulate with the ability to get along with all levels.
- Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality, and an ability to make sound judgments
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly organised, efficient and proactive.
Adverse Working Conditions :
- Lots of travel, advertise traveling conditions on roads (gravel).
- Render an effective and efficient delivery service to the company’s customers on a daily basis and responsible for vehicles to the value of R1.2 million and feed of approximately R20 000 at any one time. This job demands a high degree of responsibility.
- Monthly meetings with Distribution Controller and available on cell phone daily.
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to email@example.com