Bulk Tanker Driver
De Heus prides itself on being an independent, non integrated, animal feed miller and is focused on maintaining this position. With our slogan “Power Progress” we work very closely with our customers and suppliers to continuously improve value for all stakeholders. De Heus SA has multiple feed manufacturing facilities and we are looking to employ positive, energetic and customer service-driven individuals to join this exciting fast growing concern.
What will your responsibilities be?
As a Bulk Tanker Driver, you will render a delivery service to the company’s customers, and perform services related thereto.
What do we expect from you?
Main tasks of Job:
- Operate the motor vehicle in a responsible and proper manner and obey all traffic laws and all driver requirements under the Road Traffic Quality System.
- Keep the motor vehicle in a state of good repair.
- Immediately report defects in the motor vehicle on becoming aware of such defect, to management.
- Immediately report any problems experienced in providing the services to management.
- Comply with all rules and procedures set by the Company relating to the driving of the motor vehicle, the delivery service and vehicle and tanker maintenance and cleanliness.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that no damage is caused either to the motor vehicle or to the contents of any load conveyed.
- Safety clothing (protective boots and overalls) to be worn at all times.
- Check roadworthiness of truck and tanker before commencing duties.
- Check pre start inspection list on daily log sheet and sign off accordingly.
- Check tanker for water leaks weekly and sign off on daily log sheet.
- Report all problems on daily log sheet.
- Check fuel and oil levels. Follow fill up procedure if required.
- Check that wheels are tight and inflated.
- Record mileage at start of each trip i.e. at mill and at end of each trip, i.e. back at the mill, on the daily log sheet.
- Ensure that your cell phone is on and that you can also be contacted after hours.
- Familiarise yourself with the Standard work Procedures (On site) for Bulk Tanker Drivers.
- Always treat customers with respect.
- Be friendly and courteous to everyone that you come in contact with during your daily work.
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- Preferably Matric (Grade 12)
Valid Public Drivers Permit
Valid Code EC drivers license (no endorsements)
No criminal record
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous proven experience in bulk tanker deliveries is essential.
- Customer liaison experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent extra heavy vehicle driving experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Confident, assertive self-starter.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Patient, methodical and trustworthy.
- Presentable and articulate with the ability to get along with all levels.
- Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality, and an ability to make sound judgments
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly organised, efficient and proactive.
Adverse Working Conditions :
- Lots of travel, advertise traveling conditions on roads (gravel).
- Render an effective and efficient delivery service to the company’s customers on a daily basis and responsible for vehicles to the value of R1.2 million and feed of approximately R20 000 at any one time. This job demands a high degree of responsibility.
- Monthly meetings with Distribution Controller and available on cell phone daily.
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references to email@example.com