Purpose of the Job:
The successful incumbent will be responsible, amongst others, to:
- Perform mechanical maintenance, both planned and breakdowns
- Oversee and manage the maintenance process and team where necessary
- Co-ordinate, maintain and drive the Health and Safety system
- Conduct electrical maintenance and breakdowns as per the expected time and job card scheduled
- Perform routine electrical maintenance on production equipment and perform repairs when necessary
- Daily capturing of relevant electrical maintenance data
- Conducting root cause analysis for problems
- Act as a supportive function to the Boiler Maker/ Welder and Plant Manager in the execution of their duties
- Ensure that you take the necessary actions to prevent and eliminate all potential areas of feed contamination and feed deterioration as well as machinery deterioration as a result of engineering performed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must have knowledge and experience in PLC Controls
- Excellent understanding of Safety rules in the manufacturing environment
- Must be familiar with Electrical laws
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to schedule and balance priorities
- Positive, pro-active, results-driven attitude
Minimum Qualification and Legal Requirements:
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Trade test - Electrician
- Possession of a valid Code 08/EB driver’s license
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, with work-related references, and copies of certificates to email@example.com.
Applications close on 22/01/2021. The Company reserves the right not to make any appointment if, in the Company’s view, no suitable candidate could be found.
Should you not receive a reply within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.